The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology has been functioning in Revathi Medical center and Hospital since its inception
in 2000. It has been giving stellar service in Obstetrics and Gynecology care to woman not only in Tirupur but also in
many surrounding districts. This department has developed a very good name in the field for routine obstetric care, high
risk obstetric care and obstetric critical care. Advanced care in Neonatology and infertility care also helps the patients
to achieve a happy outcome to provide a healthy community.
- Gynecology services
- Assisted Reproductive and Research Center
- Laparoscopic surgeries
- Oncology services
The Department of Obstetrics& Gynecology in RMC handles about 2000 cases per year of which about 5 – 30% are high risk obstetric cases.
- Routine prenatal care focusing on education and prevention.
- High risk pregnancy care with multidisciplinary participation
- Pregnancy induced hypertension
- Diabetes complicating pregnancy
- Medical comorbidities like epilepsy, heart problems with pregnancy, asthma, blood dyscrasias complicating pregnancy, SLE/ Ant phospholipid syndrome etc.
- Premature labour with/ without incompetent OS
- Fibroid complicating pregnancy and many more
- Habitual abortion
- Multiple pregnancies
- Fetal well being studies utilizing ultrasound, Doppler studies and electronic fetal monitoring to ensure the health of the fetus
- Viability Scan
- Nuchal Scan
- Wellbeing Scan
- Cervical length Scan
- Cardiac Scan
- Anomaly Scan
- Fetal growth monitoring studies by ultrasound and doppler for early detection of growth problems by using Intra uterine
growth curves and facilities for care of growth retarded babies
- Fetal medicine services are available for detailed fetal survey and counselling.
- Prenatal education classes for breast feeding, nutrition and diet counselling sessions, physiotherapy counseling
sessions to teach exercises for relief of common problems and to prepare the patient for child birth process.
- Personalized care by experienced nurses trained in child birth process
- Round the clock availability of qualified and trained Obstetricians, Pediatricians, Anesthetists and other multidisciplinary
specialists for managing and providing excellent care for any types of high risk scenarios.
- Critical care and ICU facilities with dedicated Intensivist team
- Blood banking available for blood and blood components in the hospital at all times if the need arises for such care.
- Complete pain relief modalities during labor from Entonox inhalation agents to epidural anesthesia
- Yoga, meditation and Vedas in pregnancy
Backed by a very able and committed team of consultants, full time specialists from other allied specialities, very efficient blood bank which offers full range of blood & blood products for the patients and most importantly a very well equipped and modern intensive care unit which is manned by highly trained Intensivists day & night. We are able to offer exemplary and expert care to our patients at all times.
The Department of Gynecology is also very busy about 1500 cases are operated every year in state of art operation theatres backed by a team of extremely efficient and dedicated anesthesiologists. We handle all kinds of minor and major gynee cases.
- Endometriosis & chocolate cysts
- Ovarian cysts
- Ovarian Tumour
- Gynac-oncology services.
- Tubal Recanalization
Again, being a tertiary care center, we have a large number of high riskgynec patients with multiple co-morbidities which are handled very safely in our department. Having a well established blood bank also definitely makes these major surgeries very safe for our patients.
Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic Surgeries
Department of gynecology started gynec laparoscopic surgery in 2005 and has been performing gynecology Laparoscopic procedures ever since.
We strive to provide a safer and more effective alternative to traditional open surgery by performing the vast majority of our procedures via laparoscopy or hysteroscopy
- Laparoscopic Tubal Sterilization
- Ectopic Pregnancy (Salpingectomy & Salpingostomy)
- Sub fertility – diagnostic and operative procedures like adhesioysis
- Chromotubation (tubal patency test)
- Ovarian Cysts (Cystectomy &Oophrectomy)
- Uterine Fibroids (Myomectomy)
- Uterine septal resection
- Endometriosis (Excisional Surgery & Restoration of Pelvic Anatomy)
- Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Endometrial polyps
- Sub mucous fibroid
- Ashermanns Syndrome
- Displaced IUD
- Tubal Reanastomosis
- Pelvic Floor Repair and Incontinence Surgery
- Gynaecological Cancers
Some of the most complicated and difficult cases have been performed with high patient satisfaction. Our operating theaters are equipped with the latest state of the art equipment and technology. Our experienced, highly trained and skilled surgical team focus to bring you excellent world class expertise and care.
As the saying goes, “Prevention is better than cure”
Cancer of the breast and uterine cervix are the most common cancers in our country. Diligent screening can detect both these cancers at quite an early stage. Detecting such cancers early increases the chance of cure from this dreadful disease.
Most Indian women present late with cancer. Some of the causes attributing to this are ignorance, hesitance, social embarrassment.
Cancer screening for cervix
- Pap smear
- LBC (Liquid based cytology)
- HPV DNA assay, etc.,
Cancer screening for breast
- Digital Mammogram
- Image guided biopsies for breast lesions are done on a routine basis.
Cancer screening for ovaries
- Tumor markers like CA-125, alpha fetoprotein, beta hcg, LDH.
- MRI PELVIS
The Department of Surgical Oncology at Women`s Center focuses on treatment of the following cancers in women:
- Breast Cancer
- Cervix cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Endometrial cancer
- Reconstruction services for breast cancer patients
- Vulval cancer.
- Endocrine cancers (Thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal)
- Skin cancer
In additional specialized procedures for benign conditions of the breast performed at Revathi medical Center are:
- Duct excision.
- USG localization and image guided excision of lumps.
- Comprehensive management of fibroadenomas.
- uses a wide range of chemotherapies and targeted treatments for solid tumours & hematological malignancies. An exclusive
day care center enables treatment without admission.
Department has been doing very good work in infertility also. Both male & female partners are worked up along with the allied specialities like urology. Fertility enhancing procedures and surgery are also performed with a high success rate. Hospital also has an excellent tie up center for IVF lab which takes care of patients needing artificial reproductive techniques (ARI) and allied procedures.